Management of Spicy Foodies, an executive restaurant in the Upper West Regional capital Wa, in contributing its widows mite to support the fight of COVID 19, donated GH¢2,000.00 into the COVID 19 fund announced by the President of the republic. The contribution was done this morning through the Upper West Regional Minister, Hon. Dr. Hafiz Bin Salih who received the GH¢2,000.00 cheque.
Speaking during the donation, CEO of Spicy Foodies, Dr. Dramani Hamidatu Saaka, noted that management of Spicy Foodies thought it wise to donate for the fight as it will do a lot of harm to them if the pandemic is not contain.
She further revealed that some 20 pieces of hand sanitizers, 15 pieces of Veronica buckets and 30 pieces of hand washing stands among other things will be donated to some communities within the Municipality who are not fortunate to get them for themselves.
Meanwhile, the Upper West Regional Minster, Hon Hafiz Bin Salih who received the donation on behalf of the Chief of Staff indicated his happiness and thanked the donors for the good step they have taken. He indicated that, Spicy since the announcement of the fund was made is the first institution to have donated towards the fund.
Hon. Hafiz called on natives of the region who are endowed with resources to come to the aid of the region in this trying times. He said the region needs Personal Protective Equipment to resource help workers who are frontliners in the fight against COVID 19.
As part of curtailing the spread of the virus, Management of the restaurant has put in some measures to be observed in and outside the restaurant and these are listed below:
1. Special Safety and Medical Training for their Staff
2. Provision of Hand Gloves and Masks
3. Mount Handwashing points in and out of the restaurant
4. Sanitizers available for both staff and customers
5. Improved customer response rate to prevent congestion at the restaurant
6. Increase food delivery service to persons
7. Social Media Campaigns to create Awareness and preventive tips
8. Tour all radio stations in Upper West Region to Educate the Citizens.
By: Saeed Fatawu|myradiowaa.com|92.1fm|